Medicine is a dangerous business

Today, my wife suffered and accident. She suffered from a chronic disease. It is reactivated constantly with any bad movement.

So I thought it would be a good idea to go to a hospital using my insurance company. I felt confident when I arrived to the place. We were treated very good. However , things tool a bit strange. Doctors started to perform many studies, one after the other for something I believe simple and with historical background. They were not able to determine the real issue. 

Nurses gave breakfast to my wife. I had to go to work. Suddenly she called me and told me that she went through a series of injections for intra vein medicine and that she had to stay 24 hours in the hospital for a later study as well. She just suffered from severe neck pain resulting from a grave luxation.  They applied liquid into here body to combat the inflammation. 

I was suspecting something so I told , hey, stop we need to ask how much money we owe after 3 to 4 hours of staying at the hospital. It was unbelievable  when the assistants told us that we owed 14k mxn by then. It was an exorbitant quantity of money, taking as an average mexican (lets say).

So I said, stop immediately. Most of  the work was practically already done so anyway the cut off the treatment and asked us to pay. I felt victim of a well form burglary . I thought, it is unfair how criminal organizations white suited can ask for thousand of pesos in this case for a simple treatment (from my point of view). So I learnt a lesson:

When it comes to hospitals and medical treatments, don't trust all what doctors say. They will just expunge like a sponge all the money you have in your pockets. Don´t allow that. Price should be fair and they are supposed to be ethical, but at some point, they appear to be asking for something tricky that they manipulate easily because of ignorance.

Be careful. Seek fairness.




Comentarios