How is it to work in Lab Environment

My first work was at Tecnologico de Monterrey. In there I worked as responsible of the Network Lab. I prepared lab environment for university students for their CCNA.  
I connected and maintain catalyst cisco switches and 2800 routers. Later on I manage to buy a Dell server with the help of mike in regards to the specifications. It was not a rack server , it was tower one. That was sort of failure cuz from space point of view I should have bought a rack one cuz we have 1 available.

Anyway with the help of Mario, we manage to install it with Centos and he helped me to create a lot of VM machines cuz it had 128GB of ram. Those machines where used for students. That was an awesome idea.

I was there 2 years. Benefits for working in lab is that you still feel a student. You still see the old and new beauties , old and new generations going through your lab. Everybody ask you.

So far it was a really quiet job at the point that I got stuck and I told my boss that I was really bored. I needed something else rather than just being vigilant of the lab and helping students in CCNA.

I was fired because of saying that and of course as new engineer in the field, I bypassed line of command. I wanted to be ambitious and eat the world. I made calculations and the network lab was really underutilized , so after I pointed out that to the vips, I was shut down. They focused more on SW rather than network. Anyway. A long time ago.


Comentarios